Paired with the Wi-Fi Adapter W-E1 to bring the convenience of Wi-Fi capabilities to the camera, along with providing a change in perspective related to sight and sound with the EF-S 18-135mm IS USM lens with NANO technology for fast, smooth and near-silent operation when capturing both stills and video, the CANON EOS 7D Mark II EF-S 18-135mm IS USM Lens Wi-Fi Adapter Kit provides the resources you need to deliver the photo and video experience you desire.
The Wi-Fi Adapter W-E1 adds the convenience of Wi-Fi® compatibility* to the features you can now utilize with the EOS 7D Mark II camera. By simply inserting the new Wi-Fi Adapter** W-E1 into the SD card slot, you can take advantage of Wi-Fi®* capabilities such as remote shooting or viewing and transferring still images and movies (MP4) using a compatible smart device (with the Camera Connect app*) or a computer (using EOS Utility).
In addition to this new Wi-Fi Adapter, the kit includes the EF-S 18–135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM lens. This gives you the full feature set of the EOS 7D Mark II with convenient Wi-Fi® compatibility, along with a lens boasting NANO USM AF for fast, fluid and nearly silent operation during video and still shooting, so you can get the shots you want while being as discreet as you need to be.
Superlative Sensor for Gorgeous Images.
The EOS 7D Mark II has a newly designed 20.2 Megapixel sensor that delivers high-resolution image files with stunning detail and impressive clarity. Optimized for low-light shooting, the EOS 7D Mark II’s sensor captures images at up to ISO 16000 (expandable to H1: 25600, H2: 51200) with remarkably low noise, thanks to its improved, higher sensitivity design. Phenomenal for stills, the EOS 7D Mark II’s sensor is equally up to the task for movies, delivering Full HD capture even at rates of up to 60p.
Dual DIGIC 6 Image Processors.
The EOS 7D Mark II’s sensor works seamlessly with its Dual DIGIC 6 Image Processors for advanced image processing across the board. These image processors help the EOS 7D Mark II capture up to 1090 JPEG, 31 RAW, and 19 RAW + JPEG shots in a single burst for amazing action photography. Further, they enable the camera’s powerful image processing on-the-fly: lens aberration, variances in peripheral illumination and image distortion can all be corrected in real time thanks to the EOS 7D Mark II’s Dual DIGIC 6 Image Processors.
High speed continuous shooting up to 10.0 fps allows you to capture fast action.
With a new, rugged shutter designed for 200,000 cycles, the EOS 7D Mark II can shoot up to 10 frames per second to capture all the action. With super quick AF and exposure systems complementing the shutter’s 55 msec shutter release time lag, the EOS 7D Mark II is tailored to meet and even exceed the speed of the action. Refined mechanics like a newly designed, more efficient shutter-drive motor and a vibration dampened mirror drive mean impressive performance for high caliber image quality, fast.
Compatible with the included Wi-Fi Adapter^ W-E1 accessory, which enables Wi-Fi® capabilities including easy transfer of images and videos in MP4 format to a compatible smartphone or tablet^^, and remote still shooting.
The EOS 7D Mark II camera is compatible with the included Wi-Fi Adapter^ W-E1 accessory for convenient Wi-Fi® capabilities. When inserted into the camera’s SD card slot, the W-E1 enables you to wirelessly view and transfer images and MP4 videos when connected to a compatible smart device with the Camera Connect mobile app^^ installed, along with remote shooting for stills and the ability to remotely change camera settings. These Wi-Fi® functions can also be utilized when wirelessly connected to a computer equipped with the EOS Utility software.
Digital AF/AE single-lens reflex camera with built-in flash
CF Cards (Type I); Compatible with UDMA CD cards; SD, SDHC, and SDXC Memory Cards
Approx. 22.4 x 15.0 mm (APS-C size)
Canon EF lenses including EF-S lenses
(35mm-equivalent focal length is approx. 1.6x the lens focal length)
Canon EF mount
High-sensitivity, high-resolution, large single-plate CMOS sensor
Effective pixels: Approx. 20.2 megapixels
4.1 µm square
Approx. 20.9 megapixels
3:2 (Horizontal: Vertical)
Color Filter System
RGB primary color filters
Low Pass Filter
Fixed position in front of the CMOS sensor
Dust Deletion Feature
- Self Cleaning Sensor Unit
* Removes dust adhering to the low-pass filter.
* Self-cleaning executed automatically (taking approx. 3 sec.) when power is turned on or off. Manual execution also possible (taking approx. 7 sec.).
* Low-pass filter has a fluorine coating.
- Dust Delete Data acquisition and appending
* The coordinates of the dust adhering to the low-pass filter are detected by a test shot and appended to subsequent images.
* The dust coordinate data appended to the image is used by the EOS software to automatically erase the dust spots.
- Manual cleaning
Design Rule for Camera File System 2.0 and Exif 2.3
Still: JPEG, RAW (14-bit, Canon original), sRAW, mRAW, RAW+JPEG
Video: MOV (Image data: H.264, Audio: Linear PCM), MP4 (Image data: H.264, Audio: AAC)
- Large: Approx. 20.00 Megapixels (5472 x 3648)
- Medium: Approx. 8.90 Megapixels (3648 x 2432)
- S1 (Small 1): Approx. 5.00 Megapixels (2736 x 1824)
- S2 (Small 2): Approx. 2.50 Megapixels (1920 x 1280)
- S3 (Small 3): Approx. 350,000 pixels (720 x 480)
- RAW: Approx. 20.00 Megapixels (5472 x 3648)
- M-RAW: Approx. 11.20 Megapixels (4104 x 2736)
- S-RAW: Approx. 5.00 Megapixels (2736 x 1824)
*Records to either the CF card or SD card.
- Auto switch card
*When the current card becomes full, the camera switches to the other card automatically.
- Record separately
*The CF card and SD card record the same image at a different image recording quality.
- Record to multiple
* Both the CF card and SD card record the same image at the same image recording quality (Also applies to RAW+JPEG, M-RAW+JPEG, and S-RAW+JPEG).
Images recorded in a card can be copied to the other card
The following three types of file numbers can be set:
- Continuous numbering
* The numbering of captured images will continue even after you replace the camera’s card. (The numbering continues even when the folder changes.)
- Auto reset
* When you replace the camera’s card, the numbering will be reset to start from 0001. If the new card already contains images, the numbering will continue from the last recorded image in the card.
- Manual reset
* Resets the file number to 0001, and creates a new folder automatically.
- Select individual images to copy
- Select folder(s) to copy
- Select all the images to copy
RAW + JPEG Simultaneous Recording
The image-recording quality can be selected in any combination of the three RAW and eight JPEG recording quality settings
Selectable between sRGB and Adobe RGB
- User Defined 1-3Scene Intelligent Auto will set [Auto] automatically.
- Auto (AWB)
- Cloudy, Twilight, Sunset
- Tungsten Light
- White Fluorescent Light
- Custom (Custom WB)
- Color temperature*With an EX-series Speedlite having the color temperature information transmission feature, the color temperature setting changes to match the color temperature when the flash is fired. Set to approx. 6000K if the flash unit does not have the color temperature communication feature.
Auto White Balance
Auto white balance with the image sensor
Color Temperature Compensation
- Blue/amber bias: ±9 levels
- Magenta/green bias: ±9 levels
- Correction based on the current WB mode’s color temperature.
Color Temperature Information Transmission
Eye-level SLR with fixed pentaprism
Approx. 100% vertically and horizontally (with eye point approx. 22mm eyepoint)
Approx. 1.00x / 29.6° (with 50mm lens at infinity, -1m-1 (dpt))
- Without distortion correction
Approx. 22mm (At -1m-1 from the eyepiece lens center)
Dioptric Adjustment Correction
Adjustable from approx. -3.0 to +1.0m-1 (dpt)
- Eh-A Standard Focusing Screen
- Eh-S Super Precision MatteMirror
Quick-return half mirror (transmission: reflection ratio of 40:60)Viewfinder Information
- AF Point Information
- Spot Metering Circle
- Electronic Level
- Shooting Mode
- White Balance
- Drive Mode
- Focusing Modes
- Metering Modes
- Flicker Detection
- AF Status Indicator
- Warning Symbol
Depth Of Field Preview
Enabled with depth-of-field preview button
TTL secondary image-forming phase-difference detection system with AF-dedicated CMOS sensor
65-point all cross-type AF
* The number of AF points and cross-type AF points vary depending on the lens used.
* The center AF point is a dual cross-type AF point at f/2.8.
AF Working Range
Conditions: One-Shot AF, at 73°F/23°C, ISO 100
- One-Shot AF
- Predictive AI Servo AF (AI Servo AF III)
- AI Focus AF
- Switches between One-Shot AF and AI Servo AF automatically
- Manual Focus
AF Point Selection
- Single-point Spot AF (Manual selection)
- Single-point AF (Manual selection)
- AF point expansion (Manual selection, 4 points: Up, down, left, and right)
- AF point expansion (Manual selection, surrounding 8 points)*All AF points divided into nine focusing zones.
- Zone AF (Manual zone selection)
- Large Zone AF (Manual zone selection)*All AF points divided into three focusing zones.
- Auto Selection 65-point AF
Selected AF Point Display
- Displayed in viewfinder with transparent LCD and on LCD panel
Active AF Point Indicator
- Displayed in viewfinder area
- Displayed outside viewfinder area
AF Assist Beam
- Enable external flash only
- IR AF assist beam only
Approx. 150,000-pixel RGB+IR metering sensor
EOS iSA System with 252-zone metering
- Evaluative metering (linked to all AF points)
- Partial metering (center, approx. 6% of viewfinder)
- Spot metering (center, approx. 1.8% of viewfinder)*AF point-linked spot metering not provided.
- Center-weighted average metering* The selectable metering modes can be restricted with a Custom Function.
EV 0-20 (at 73°F/23°C, ISO 100)
Exposure Control Systems
- Scene Intelligent Auto
- Program AE (shiftable)
- Shutter-priority AE (Safety shift possible)
- Aperture-priority AE (Safety shift possible)
- Manual exposure
- Custom shooting mode C1, C2, C3
ISO Speed Range
|Normal ISO Speeds||ISO 100–16000 (in 1/3-stop or whole-stop increments)|