DSLR-like creativity in a connected large sensor compact
With a 1.0 type sensor, bright f/1.8-2.8 Canon lens and superior DIGIC 7 processing this pocket-sized, large sensor compact offers DSLR-like creativity in both stills and Full HD movies
Discover the PowerShot G7 X Mark II
Pocketable premium image quality in any light
Superb shots in any light
Enjoy beautiful, crisp, clear shots in any light thanks to HS System, which combines a 1.0-type back-illuminated 20.1 Megapixel CMOS sensor with the superior processing power of DIGIC 7
Bright precision optics
Superbly bright precision Canon optics, with a f/1.8-2.8 lens, 24mm 4.2x optical zoom and ISO up to 12,800, ensure superb shots in any situation
Powerful optical Image Stabilizer
Shoot beautifully crisp stills and steady movies thanks to a 4-stop intelligent optical Image Stabilizer with Dual Sensing IS technology
Capture high quality jpegs in tricky low light conditions thanks to refined DIGIC 7 processing and experience EOS-like in-camera diffraction correction and Auto Lighting Optimizer
Catch the spontaneity around you with superfast startup and responsive 31-point AF, or capture the action with 8 fps sustained burst even in RAW
As good at capturing Full HD movies as stills
Express yourself in boundless ways with creative control of aperture, shutter speed and ISO using Manual Movie
Achieve pin sharp focus manually with MF Peaking or use Touch AF to produce cinematic focus pulls
Steady footage even on the move
Record incredibly steady movie footage at full zoom, even when panning or running with 5-axis Advanced Dynamic IS to counteract camera shake and Auto Level to ensure straight horizons
Effortlessly shoot expert quality Full HD 60p movies with the creative flexibility of variable frame rates including 24, 25, 30, 50 and 60 fps
Share your beautiful creations with the world
Canon Connect Station
Simply tap the G7 X Mark II via NFC to the Connect Station to easily store your photos and movies and share with others on an HDTV or with social media or via online albums.
Easy and convenient
Wi-Fi Button gives you a quick and easy shortcut to camera Wi-Fi functions, plus you can charge your camera while working or surfing the internet via standard USB smartphone chargers or your PC
Take beautifully simple control
Refined customisable controls
Enjoy creative control using a customisable dual function Lens Control Ring. Effortlessly switch between smooth and step action to adjust exposure settings or focus
Intuitive tilt-up touchscreen
Shoot from different angles and enjoy intuitive fingertip operation with a large 7.5 cm (1040k sRGB dots) tilt-up touchscreen
Experience seamless integration with EOS workflow thanks to Picture Styles and 14-bit RAW shooting
In-camera RAW processing ensures best possible quality for sharing of images away from home
Built for effortless creativity
Capture beautiful background blur with great control over depth of field thanks to the large 9-bladed aperture and large sensor
- An Intelligent IS image stabilization system is also incorporated into the lens design to minimize the appearance of camera shake for a variety of shooting scenarios:
- Normal IS: Corrects for a wide variety of camera movement types when shooting stills.
- Panning IS: Intended for use when making tracking shots, this setting ensures that IS will not interfere with desired lateral camera movements.
- Macro (Hybrid) IS: Used for both stills and video recording, this setting corrects for shift-type camera shake that is common when photographing close-up subjects. It also compensates for motion blur associated with recording video while walking.
- Tripod: Image stabilization is deactivated when shooting stills atop a tripod.
- Dynamic IS: This setting is effective when recording video using wider focal lengths and simultaneously walking or moving.
- Powered IS: Ideally suited for shooting video with telephoto focal lengths, this mode compensates for the camera movements that become more apparent with greater zoom magnifications.
- Active Tripod IS: Unlike the stills tripod mode, this video-specific tripod mode compensates for slight amounts of shake that can be caused when recording movies from a tripod.
- Body Design and Built-In Wi-Fi
- A sleek, compact profile incorporates a large 3.0″ 1.04m-dot touchscreen LCD that features a 180° upward, 45° downward tilting design to support taking selfies or working from low shooting angles.
- A manual control ring surrounds the lens for intuitive control over select camera and exposure settings. The ring can also be set to have clicked intervals, for tactile recognition of settings changes, or can be de-clicked for smooth, quiet transitions between adjustments.
- Built-in Wi-Fi with NFC allows you to wirelessly share your photos and movies with a linked smartphone or tablet as well as remotely control the camera from the mobile device by using the Camera Connect app.
- Other Camera Features
- Picture Style affords in-camera control over the color, contrast, and sharpness of imagery.
- In-camera raw file conversions let you preview and apply adjustments to files without needing to process the files on a computer.
- A Time-Lapse Movie function automatically compiles sequentially-recorded images taken at predetermined intervals and composites them into a seamless movie file for smooth playback.
- A dedicated Panning function can lock onto an intended subject and, using image stabilization, automatically adjust the shutter speed to render a sharp moving subject set against a blurred background.